Diners here in Pattaya had to make a hasty exit from a popular Indian restaurant on Pattaya Second Road after a fire broke out in the kitchen of Khana Khazana.

Staff at the restaurant attempted to tackle the blaze with fire extinguishers but were unable to contain the fire and had no choice but to evacuate the restaurant.

Three fire engines were quickly on the scene and the fire was extinguished 15 minutes after their arrival.

Popular Indian restaurant in central Pattaya badly damaged by fire

Fire officials investigating the incident believe the fire originated when an extractor fan in the kitchen caught fire due to oil residue in the vents.

Three people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and it was reported that a dog was also treated for inhaling smoke.

The fire reportedly broke out at 5:30pm yesterday afternoon with large crowds of locals and tourists gathering to take pictures of the incident.

Source: Thai News Agency

Content : LovePattayaThailand

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.