Hybrid electric vehicles which plug-in to the mains to charge also known as (PHEV) are in the spotlight yet again and again.
It’s not for a good reason after a 10-million-baht Porsche Panamera went up in flames whilst its battery was recharging overnight in Bangkok’s Taling Chan district.
The resulting blaze also damaged the owner’s luxury home.
A spokesman for AAS Auto Services Co, who are an authorized distributor of Porsche vehicles here in Thailand stated the car involved in the incident had not been purchased via them and that it must have come from an independent importer.
According to the spokesman the owner might not have been advised on how to properly install the charging system in their home with many components coming from overseas such as electrical socket and cables some of which might not have been compatible for use here in Thailand which may have led to the fire.
They said that their company as an authorized distributor employee engineers certified by Porsche to install charging stations here in the kingdom.
Fire crews responded to reports of the fire at 6:30am yesterday morning but by the time they arrived on the scene the sports car was already fully ablaze with flames transferring to the owner’s house.
Homeowner Natthawut Kritaya-ayanont said that the living room of his house which had a home theater system in had also been badly damaged and repair costs were estimated at around 6 million baht.
He said that the car belonged to his mother who had purchased it back in September, she went out Thursday and when she returned home around 10pm she put it on charge to replace the battery used and went to bed.
He noted that around 6am he heard a large explosion that awoke him and the rest of the family.
A specialist Pattanadesh Asappakij said there are several factors which could have caused the fire the most likely being an improperly installed charging system.
Fire crews are still investigating.
Source : Thenation
Content : LovePattayaThailand