Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, wants the people of Thailand to give up drinking for lent, commencing from July 9th 2017.
He also suggested that people carry out good deeds and maintain the five principles of Buddhism during Lent.
1. Refrain from harming living things
2. Refrain from taking what is not given
3. Refrain from sexual misconduct
4. Refrain from lying or gossip
5. Refrain from taking drugs or alcohol
He said that government led activities to help Thais abstain from alcohol will be available during the holy time..
He also wished the nations Muslims peace, happiness and prosperity.
Source : Thaivisa
Content : LovePattayaThailand