duck

A 66-year-old Thai man died while eating lunch with his relatives yesterday, after choking on a piece of roast duck at the popular MK hot pot restaurant chain.

At about 2:30pm, Thanyaburi district police received an emergency call from an employee at the company’s Tesco Lotus Klong Si branch in Pathum Thani province.

Police arrived at the Tesco Lotus parking lot to find Suthep Sarakool dead in a wheelchair, surrounded by mall employees, friends and weeping relatives, reported M Thai News.

Questioning of the family revealed that Suthep had just travelled from Chonburi province to Bangkok’s outskirts to see one of his relatives, before they were to leave for the US the next day.

The family decided to hit up MK, a popular chain hot pot restaurant, for lunch.

According to the restaurant manager, identified in local media only as Samrit, the family arrived at about 12:30pm and ordered a set of hot pot ingredients as well as a plate of honey-glazed roast duck, a popular dish at MK, according to Manager.

An hour later, Suthep began choking. The restaurant manager immediately called for an ambulance to send him to the hospital while Suthep’s relatives obtained a wheelchair from the mall in order to transport him to the ambulance in mall’s parking lot.

In case you’re wondering, yes, the family did perform the Heimlich maneuver, according to police. Unfortunately, he was reportedly choking on more than one piece of meat and it failed to dislodge it.

By the time they reached the parking lot, Suthep was already dead.

Suthep’s body has been transported Thammasat University Hospital to confirm the specific cause of death.

Source: Coconuts

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.