A woman has gone to the media to complain about her expensive housing estate after she was bitten on the bum by a python while doing her business.
Phanarat Chaiboon, 42, ended up covered in blood and quite understandably very frightened after the nightmare situation which happened last week which resulted in a night in hospital and a medical bill of 18,000 baht.
You would think one snake would be bad enough however it was not the end of the tale.
A bigger python was found in the same toilet just a few days later by her 15-year-old daughter who has apparently fled the house in fear and is now staying with relatives.
The events transpired at a housing estate in Taling Chan, Bangkok, where the houses range from 8 to 30 million baht.
Phanarat said she when to the down stairs toilet to carry out her business when she felt a stinging pain in her rear so she jumped up and to her dismay saw a large python in the bowl.
She shut the lid and drove to the hospital but doctors were reluctant to administer any anti venom until the snake could be identified so a security guard at the estate bravely entered the snake’s new home and identified it as a python.
While pythons are not venomous they do carry lots of diseases in their mouth so she was given injections to stop the wound from becoming infected and kept in overnight.
After the traumatic incident the family of six all avoided the bathroom until 15-year-old Gift went in to wash her hands and to her horror found an even bigger snake making its way out of the toilet.
The family is now turning to the media to get the estate to do something about the rather terrifying problem.
The family alleges there is a cavity under the houses that is infested with snakes and other creatures.
Always remember to check your bowl before sitting down this isn’t the first incidence of a snake bite to the rear Love Pattaya has reported on.
Source : Thairath
Content : LovePattayaThailand