It must have been a somewhat ruff come down for one long-tailed macaque who passed out for over ten hours after downing strong coffee which was left unattended on a tourists motorbike in Bangkok’s Khun Thien district at the weekend.
The incident was reported on the “khon Rak Ling Jai Kraeng” Facebook page which stated that the six-month-old little fell was sick after drinking a large quantity of stolen coffee.
Veterinarians were alerted by a food vendor at the Khun Kala Floating market that one the monkey’s appeared worse for wear and when arriving made the decision to take the little fella to the Doctor Raiwin Pet Hospital for treatment and observation.
Vets said that the monkey passed out after a severe reaction to the caffeine in the coffee and vets put the young monkey on a drip comprising of saline and carbon until 3am on Monday.
Once vets were satisfied that the monkey had recovered sufficiently from his caffeine induced ordeal he was released back in the area where he was found, however vets said they would continue to monitor his condition.
When the monkey was released vets advised members of the public in the area only to feed the monkeys fruit and other approved vegetables in designated feeding areas and not to throw food into the road for both the safety of the public and monkeys.
Source: Thai visa
Content: Love Pattaya Thailand