Motorists in Pattaya might want to consider staying off of the roads on September 3 as the Pattaya marathon will be taking place resulting in closures of many of the cities roads.
Bandit Kunnajukr, Pattaya’s Deputy Mayor made the announcement on August 25, detailing the route that the expected 8,000 runners would take through the city.
The roads listed below will be off limits to vehicles during the event which starts at 3:30am and finishes at 11:30am.
- Pattaya Beach Road from the Dolphin Roundabout to Wat Chaimongkol Intersection from 2am – 11:30am.
- Walking Street from the entrance to Bali Hai Bridge from 19:00 (the day prior) – 11:30am.
- Pattaya Center Road from Top’s Supermarket to Beach Road from 00:01 – 11:30.
- Bali Hai Pier from the bridge to the pier from 00:01 – 11:30.
- Second Road from Center Road to the Dolphin Roundabout – from 02:00-08:00.
- Thappraya Road the right lane (one lane) along the traffic island from 02:00 – 08:00am.
- Jomtien Second Road one lane (the right lane) from 01:00 – 11:30.
- Soi 17 from Third Road – Regional Land Junction (Sophon market at the corner), throughout Soi 17 (the route that runs behind Tuk Com) to Bali Hai – from 00:01 – 11:30.
- Jomtien Beach Road from the Hanuman Statue to the Lumpini Condo – from 00:01 – 11:30.
- Sukhumvit Road left lane (one lane) from the entrance of Khao Talo all the way to the entrance of Khao Chi Chan (Nong Japtao junction) and back. 00:01 – 11:30.
For those interested in taking part in the marathon registration can be completed online at PattayaMarathon.go.th
There are three options available for participants the full 42.2km marathon, a half marathon and a 10.6km mini-marathon.
Source : Pattayamail
Content : LovePattayaThailand